Home NEWS Lionel Desmond fatality inquiry in Nova Scotia slated to renew after 11-month...

Lionel Desmond fatality inquiry in Nova Scotia slated to renew after 11-month hiatus

- Advertisement -

A provincial inquiry investigating why a former Canadian soldier killed his household and himself is ready to renew as we speak in Nova Scotia.

On Jan. 3, 2017, Lionel Desmond used a semi-automatic rifle to kill his 52-year-old mom Brenda, his 31-year-old spouse Shanna and their 10-year-old daughter Aaliyah within the household’s dwelling in Huge Tracadie, N.S.

The fatality inquiry has heard that the previous Canadian soldier was affected by extreme post-traumatic stress dysfunction and a attainable traumatic mind harm when he was launched from the navy in 2015.

Learn extra:
As the Lionel Desmond inquiry resumes, a look at what has been learned so far

The inquiry has additionally heard that Desmond obtained no therapeutic therapy within the 4 months earlier than the deadly shootings.

The inquiry started hearings in early 2020, however it was suspended in March, quickly after the COVID-19 pandemic was declared.

Story continues under commercial

Desmond’s sister Cassandra and different members of the Desmond household are anticipated to provide proof this week on the hearings in Port Hawkesbury, N.S.

This report by The Canadian Press was first revealed Feb. 16, 2021.


Click to play video 'Family says race and racism yet to be addressed in Lionel Desmond Inquiry'



Household says race and racism but to be addressed in Lionel Desmond Inquiry


Household says race and racism but to be addressed in Lionel Desmond Inquiry – Mar 2, 2020




© 2021 The Canadian Press


- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Stay Connected

16,985FansLike
2,458FollowersFollow
61,453SubscribersSubscribe

Must Read

Quebec reviews 749 new COVID-19 instances, 10 deaths as province expands vaccine entry

By Workers The Canadian Press Posted March 6, 2021 11:51 am Smaller font Descrease article font measurement -A Bigger font Improve article font measurement A+
- Advertisement -

Harry and Meghan expose palace hypocrisy

Harry and Meghan expose palace hypocrisy

Increase and bust | BusinessMirror

IF you stroll previous the workplace of the chairman of the Securities and Trade Fee, you will discover three Emilios. Two of them are...

Related News

Quebec reviews 749 new COVID-19 instances, 10 deaths as province expands vaccine entry

By Workers The Canadian Press Posted March 6, 2021 11:51 am Smaller font Descrease article font measurement -A Bigger font Improve article font measurement A+

Harry and Meghan expose palace hypocrisy

Harry and Meghan expose palace hypocrisy

Increase and bust | BusinessMirror

IF you stroll previous the workplace of the chairman of the Securities and Trade Fee, you will discover three Emilios. Two of them are...

Ray Allen and Allen Iverson headlined the 1996 Large East Males’s Last, and kinda performed like crap

Making this episode of Rewinder actually took me again to the present’s unique function. Some sports activities moments have been so completely...
- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here