Alberta Well being confirmed 380 new COVID-19 instances and 7 extra deaths from the illness within the province on Saturday.
Alberta now has 4,803 energetic instances, 124,114 recoveries and 1,818 deaths.
As of Saturday, the Calgary zone has 1,704 energetic instances, the Edmonton zone has 1,192, the North zone has 818, the Central zone has 758 and the South zone has 324. There are seven instances in unknown zones.
There are 336 folks in hospital with 51 of them within the ICU, Alberta Well being stated.
The 380 new instances got here from 8,380 exams, which implies a provincial positivity fee of 4.6 per cent, in keeping with Alberta Well being spokesperson Tom McMillan.
The province stated 165,527 vaccine doses have been administered as of Feb. 19.
Up to now 24 hours, seven further deaths have been reported to Alberta Well being.
One beforehand reported dying was decided autopsy to not have COVID-19 as a contributing trigger and faraway from the provincial whole, that means the online improve was six.
Alberta Well being stated the seven further deaths all had comorbidities:
- A lady in her 30s within the Edmonton zone.
- A lady in her 70s within the Calgary zone.
- A lady in her 80s within the Calgary zone.
- A person in his 90s within the Calgary zone.
- A lady in her 90s linked to the outbreak at Bethany Calgary within the Calgary zone.
- A person in his 90s linked to the outbreak at Bethany Meadows within the Central zone.
- A lady in her 90s linked to the outbreak at Bonnyville Extendicare within the North zone.
“My ideas exit to all these mourning a misplaced beloved one at this time,” Dr. Deena Hinshaw tweeted.
© 2021 International Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.